Mandatory Water Conservation measures in effect for the City of Houston. Basically it states to stop watering your grass and quit wasting water.
Ways to conserve water:
- Keep showers under five minutes
- Turn water off while brushing your teeth
- Wash only full loads of dishes or clothes
- Replace older model showerheads and faucet aerators with new low-flow models and install low water use toilets
- Inspect toilets for silent leaks by putting food coloring in the toilet tank. If colored water leaks into the toilet bowl before flushing, water is being lost due to a worn flapper
- Refrain from washing any vehicle or motorbike unless the dirt poses a driving hazard
- Refrain from washing down any sidewalk, walkway, driveway, parking lot or any other hard-surfaced area
- Refrain from filling, refilling or adding water to any indoor or outdoor swimming pool, spa or whirlpool.